The Leathers-Snyder House stands on the site of the old Methodist Presiding Elder's house, which was constructed in 1844. James A. Leathers completed the current home in 1891. In 1915 the Leathers House was sold to W.H. Snyder who resided there for 30-years. For several decades the home was used as a Boarding House for University of Virginia students and townspeople.
Restoration by the Lantermans began in the spring of 2004. All interior walls were removed and new systems were installed. All decor is in keeping with the late Victorian period of 1890's. Furnishings are a collection of family owned pieces. The Leathers-Snyder House is registered as a part of Historic Ridge Street District of Charlottesville.